Indie dev publishing agreements – what to watch out for
Are you an indie dev who is thinking about signing an agreement with a publisher?
I teamed up with Black Shell Media’s Raghav Mathur recently to discuss some important things to watch out for in these publishing agreements. There are a lot of big pitfalls that could seriously impact your ability to make money from the deal or your control over the IP. The five issues we discuss are:
- Unreasonable or Undefined Timeframes
- Ownership of the Intellectual Property
- An Unclear (or Infinite) Approval Process
- Who’s Responsible for What?
- What About Sequels, Expansions, Ports, and Merch?
Check out the full article on Black Shell Media’s blog here. Let me know what you think!